Sunday, December 13, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Sea Turtle Facts:
- Only one out of a thousand baby Sea Turtles survives after hatching.
- Some Sea Turtles travel up to 1,560 miles (2,600 km) across open ocean.
- Leatherback Sea Turtles have lived for Millions of years and have stayed unchanged for over 100 million years.
- Sea Turtles spend their whole life in the ocean except for when they are hatched and when they lay their eggs.
- Although Sea Turtles Travel all over the World, they always go back to where they were born to lay their eggs.
Blue Whale Facts:
- The Blue Whale has the largest heart in the world.
- Blue Whales are not fish, but mammals, that have lungs and nourishes its young with milk.
- The Blue Whale weighs as much as 2667 people weghing 150Lbs.
- The Blue Whale's heart beats once every ten seconds, and can be heard from 2 miles away.
- Blue Whales have about the same life span as humans- the longest living Blue Whale is thought to have lived to about 110 years old.
- The Spray from a Blue Whale's blowhole can shoot to about 3 stories high.
- An infant Blue Whale can grow 9LBs an hour.
Posted by Estelle at 6:33 PM 2 comments:
Aquara Belts Comes to Blue Whales
My mom has created a belt business called "Aquara." It's a beautiful line of belts made from Italian leather, and is completely beautiful. Right now, she is designing a special season that includes belts based on the ocean, and animals that live in the ocean. She's picked four animals- Sea Turtles, Blue Whales, Sea Horses, and Dolphins, to base her line on, and give a share of her profits to an organization helping those certain animals. On each of the belts/cuffs, (the line includes cuffs as well) she's going to have a fact about the animal embossed in the leather.
Recently, she's asked me to look up facts on those animals and find websites with the most reliable facts. Because of school projects, I automatically went to NationalGeographic.com to find facts because I know that there's a lot of reliable information. There, I looked up "Blue Whales" and found a really cool link- It's called "Kingdom of the Blue Whale," and it's extremely interesting. Here it is:
Check it out!
Posted by Estelle at 3:24 PM 37 comments:
Monday, June 8, 2009
World Oceans Day
Today is the first official World Oceans Day, on June 8th, 2009. Today is the day to celebrate our Oceans, and raise awareness to protect and conserve our Oceans, for they cover about 71% of the whole world.
Saving the ocean is a giant step to saving the world. Scientists estimate that about 80% of earth's life lives in our Oceans, and first life developed in the Ocean as well. There are so many small things that you could do to help the ocean. For example, you could learn or study about the Ocean. Explore it. Swim in the Ocean or surf or dive. Love the Ocean and help the ocean. "Our Oceans, Our Responsibility" is the 2009 inaugural world theme.
Posted by Estelle at 4:28 PM No comments:
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
It's almost summer and I'll definitely have more time for posts. I've been saving up for a trip to Hawaii to see sea turtles in Honolulu. It might happen but I'm not sure about it yet. Whatever happens, I'll keep writing!
p.s. the cards will be on the blog as soon as I get pictures. Thank you!
Posted by Estelle at 4:17 PM No comments:
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Earth Day was yesterday!!!
Happy Earth day! Even though the day is over doesn't mean we can keep green! It's easy, plus the warm weather is kicking in- we can save energy by turning off heaters! Very easy!
Posted by Estelle at 8:57 PM No comments:
Saturday, March 14, 2009
My friend and I have created a card business out of inspiration from the world. In each card, there is art that we've brought from from our minds onto paper, showing thoughts of the Ocean, Nature, Peace and Love, and Heart and Soul. We will be donating 8% of what we earn to organizations that will help in each different matter. Stay tuned to see the cards here on the web. Thank You!
p.s. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Estelle at 3:28 PM 1 comment:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)